NIDSUG APPEALS FOR PRESIDENT’S INTERVENTION ON UNPAID NIGER DELTA SCHOLARS, GIVES NDDC 5 DAYS ULTIMATUM
The Niger Delta Students Union Government (NIDSUG) headed by His Excellency, COMR N-EPBA GOODNESS in Solidarity with the Niger Delta Scholars, whose tuition fees are not been paid demonstrated today at the NDDC Headquarters, Port Harcourt. This demostration is coming on the hills of increasing Agitations, Complaints and request by our Scholars Abroad, and the insincerity of the NDDC to attend to this issues.
The Demonstration Presented the following demands:
1) That NIDSUG condemns the insincerity of the NDDC over the years to adequately fund, and focus on educational development in the region.
2) That NIDSUG frowns at the neglect of the educational sector in recent times, and request for a return to the Original blue Print, which ordinated the creation of NDDC.
3) That NIDSUG condemns in it’s strongest terms, the continuous neglect of our Scholars Abroad, whose tuition fees and maintenance allowances are yet to be paid.
4) That we give NDDC IMC a 5 day Ultimatum to pay our Scholars, else we’ll return in mass to occupy the Commission. This Ultimatum is accompanied by an appeal to His Excellency, President MUHAMMADU BUHARI, to expedite actions and ensure this students are paid.
5) That NIDSUG demands that much emphasis should now be channelled towards education, for it’s the only pathway towards liberating the region as intended by our forbearers.
6) That NIDSUG supports forensic audit of the NDDC from inception, but request that this audit be done by independent Firms, and not be piloted by politicians, who are alleged to be implicated by the audit. We appeal that His Excellency, President MUHAMMADU BUHARI set up and independent Auditing committee, made up of External and Qualified auditors, Anti-Graft agencies, Police, and The Department Of State Security Services, as members.
These demands are not extrinsic, and should not be viewed under any political umbrella. It simply represents the unbiased interest of our teaming Students, among which our diaspora Students are part of.
NIDSUG GLOBAL PRESIDENT
NIDSUG GLOBAL SECRETARY
GBENGA LINUS OGUNDERU